Skip to main content
Skip to navigation
Students will demonstrate agency by:
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative dialogue with faculty across disciplines.
- Self-reflecting on educational achievements.
- Increasing confidence and competence in applying academic and social literacies.
Faculty will demonstrate agency by:
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative dialogue with first-generation, multicultural, low-income, and other underrepresented students.
- Increasing their understanding of the relationship between pedagogy and retention, informed by research on underrepresented students.
- Applying this critical research to curriculum design.
Program administrators will promote agency by:
- Establishing and maintaining opportunities for collaborative partnerships between representatives of the Office of the Provost and the Division of Student Affairs.
- Designing and implementing research-based professional development opportunities that explore the connection between institutional culture and student retention.
- Creating avenues of recognition for faculty, staff and departments who adopt practices that recognize the critical relation between the institution and the student.